Electromagnetic Compatibility - EMC
Presentation of the paper [B7]
[B7] F. Broydé, E. Clavelier, "Minimum attenuation and input impedance domain of a linear filter", proceedings of the 8th International Zürich Symposium on EMC, 7-9 March 1989, pp. 261-266.
Downloading the document as a .pdf file (345 kB) and keep in mind that it is best to use the "Article" function of Adobe Acrobat! Information on the "Article" function. This document is subject to the Copyright of Excem.
This paper contains the following identified errors:
- At the 2nd page, line 5, one should read eS instead of vS.
- The caption of figure 4 is incorrect: the mismatch attenuation was not included.
- The caption of figure 5 is incorrect: it shows B(50 Ohms, ZL), not Bo(50 Ohms).
- According to old notes on this paper, it seems that the values in dB for the circles of figures 5 and 6 are too small by a factor 2. As a result, the caption of figure 6 would be incorrect: the values in dB must be increased by a factor 2.
- The equation (10) is incorrect. Use equation (10) of the paper [B9] instead.
- The equation (15) is incorrect. Use equation (16) of the paper [B9] instead.
We have noticed that [B7] is used as a reference in:
- IEEE Std 1560 -2005, "IEEE Standard for Methods of Measurement of Radio-Frequency Power-Line Interference Filter in the Range of 100 Hz to 10 GHz", Annex G, 24 February 2006.
- A.M. Sanchez Delgado, Electric-Device Characterization for Interference Prediction and Mitigation by an Optimal Filtering Design, Ph.D. thesis of the Universitat Ramon Llull, July 2010.
- I. Kovacevic, F. Krismer, S. Schroth, J.W. Kolar, "Practical characterization of EMI filters replacing CISPR 17 approximate worst case measurements", proceedings of the 2013 IEEE 14th workshop on Control and Modeling for Power Electronics (COMPEL), Salt Lake City, USA, 23-26 June 2013, pp. 1-10.